Acting as a work-finding service, we provide supply cover to a range of Secondary Schools; from small village schools to large secondary schools. We are looking for Teaching Assistants with strong communication skills and are passionate about teaching.
We will work around your schedule and preferences, so whether you are seeking a day’s work here and there, or something more regular and consistent we will do our very best to help you as a cover supervisor
Classroom assistant, learning support assistant.
Teaching assistants support teachers and help children with reading, writing and learning activities.
What we need from you
- A positive and caring attitude
- Strong values
- A determination to do a good job
- Willingness to learn
As a teaching assistant, you could:
- help teachers prepare lesson materials
- set up and tidy classrooms for lessons
- work with students to make sure they understand
- watch, record and report the progress students to make
- look after children who are upset or unwell
- lead classes with help from the teacher
You could work at a school or at a special needs school.
Your working environment may be physically and emotionally demanding.
Skills and knowledge
- sensitivity and understanding for building good relationships with children
- excellent verbal communication skills for motivating children to learn
- active listening skills to understand the childrens’ needs
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- to be flexible and open to change for working on different activities
- to enjoy working with other people
- the ability to teach pupils how to do something
- the ability to create the best conditions for learning or teaching new things
- to be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
- B’Ed or equivalent teaching degree
- Previous experience working in a UK school
Restrictions and Requirements
You’ll need to:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child-barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two related professional references
- Assured holiday pay
- Competitive Hourly rates
- Opportunity to work part-time hours if this suits your circumstances
- Referral bonus
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.